Merchandise sold to support Library
You can support a worthy cause (this library) and at the same time acquire collectible Holyoke items that could become treasured heirlooms. On sale at the Circulation desk are ornaments and afghans designed by the Friends of the Holyoke Public Library. The Library now (July 2018- ) manages the sales and the inventory.
See display case in the Library lobby, and scroll down for photos and price list posted here.
In Spring 2016 we added this ornament depicting the recently expanded Holyoke Public Library:
Examples of previous ornaments in this series:
The Holyoke Opera House
Holyoke City Hall, and
Elizur Holyoke car of the Holyoke Street Railway.
The colorful image of an 1876 stained-glass
window in City Hall was added in conjunction
with the Library's use of the City Hall Auditorium
while our library building was being remodeled
In 2014, celebrating the return of passenger train
service to Holyoke, we created an ornament
depicting the historic Holyoke train station
designed by famous architect H.H. Richardson.
Each ornament comes in a case or box including a brief historic description:
Tote bags, tee-shirts, and the Holyoke Postcards book are also for sale.
June 2018 update: Please make your checks payable to the Holyoke Public Library. Friends volunteers will continue to manage the merchandise, but the sales proceeds now go directly to the Library. Here is the price list as of June 2018:
Historical Ornament Series:
- Holyoke City Hall $14
- Holyoke Dam "Early Days: A Town is Born 1850" $14
- Holyoke Opera House $14
- Holyoke Public Library: Centennial $14
- Holyoke Public Library: 21st Century $20
- Holyoke Street Railway $14
- Holyoke Train Station $18
- Scott Tower $14
- Stained Glass Window (color) $18
Holyoke Tapestry Afghan $50
Books by local authors, $20 each:
- HOLYOKE by Craig P. Della Penna (1971)
- Holyoke Postcard Book by Devon Dawson (2004)
- Actividades Musicales en Puerto Rico 1898-1910 by Catherine Dower (2007)
Other Gifts Available:
- Wooden Library Replica $10
- Shirley LaChaelle’s Brotherhood Bookmark $5
- Friends of Library Tee-shirts $15
- Holyoke Public Library Tote Bag $5 (Handy for carrying the gifts you are buying.)
Thank you for supporting the Library!
Here's a closeup of details on the ornament depicting the Dam in the early days of Holyoke: A Town is Born, 1850: