Community Meeting Room Reservations
The Holyoke Public Library Board of Directors welcomes public use of meeting rooms by community groups and organizations whose aims are educational, civic, charitable or cultural. The mission of the Holyoke Public Library is to serve the individual needs of patrons of all ages by providing access to recreational, educational, informational and cultural programs and materials in a variety of formats. The Library will strive to serve the patron’s needs promptly, accurately and courteously. The Library will uphold the principle of intellectual freedom by providing access to materials that reflect all points of view.
- The Community Meeting Room is available to non-profit organizations during open library hours for free. However, if the event starts before or ends after regular hours a custodial fee will be charged.
- The Meeting Room is available for educational, civic, cultural or charitable events.
- The Community Room is not available when Library or Friends of the Library programs are scheduled.
- No admission fees may be charged for events.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- Light refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages may be served.
- It is the responsibility of the group using the room to provide all that is necessary for serving these refreshments.The group must leave the room and the kitchenette clean and neat and is responsible for any damage to the area.
- The applicant is expected to adhere to the stated purpose of the meeting
- No display material may be affixed to the walls
- Children and young adults using the room must be supervised by an appropriate number of adults. The sponsoring group will be responsible for any damage to our Community Room.
- The Holyoke Public Library is a non smoking facility.
The community room is on the ground level adjacent to the lobby on Chestnut St. The room can accommodate large groups of people and is equipped with a small kitchen and audio visual equipment. Chairs and tables are available.
- An application is required and may be obtained at the circulation desk or by email. The application must be made at least one week before an event and must be signed by the person who is responsible for the function.
- Contact the main desk at 413-420-8101 or email your request to email@example.com.