for the Prison Book Program!
Holyoke Public Library joins Northampton, Southampton, Easthampton, Westhampton Libraries and Holyoke Community College in a Community Read Project
During the months of March and April 2017
Book Drive @ Holyoke Public Library
for the Prison Book Program
From March 6 to April 3, donation boxes will be located at Holyoke Community College and the Public Libraries in Westhampton, Easthampton, Holyoke, Southampton, Northampton, and Florence.
The Prison Book Program serves prisoners in hundreds of facilities (state and federal prisons in 44 states). They collect donated books and send them to prisoners based on requests received from individuals. Prison Book Program accepts new and very gently used paperback books, and most especially needs dictionaries and thesauri.
Other most-needed books are
- Language dictionaries and grammar books (Spanish, Japanese, Hebrew, ASL)
- Exercise (yoga, weight lifting)
- Business (small business start-up, real estate, applying for loans)
- Hobbies (piano music, guitar, drawing, crocheting, chess, crossword puzzles, word games)
- Bible dictionaries and concordances as well as non-mainstream religions such as Wicca, paganism, spirits, dreams, tarot cards, etc.
- GLBTQ fiction, nonfiction, and memoirs
- Japanese Manga and comics
- Cultural books, especially African American and Native American
They can't accept hardcovers, spiral bound books or textbooks. A complete list of what you can donate can be found on their website. http://prisonbookprogram.org/donatesection/donate-books/
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017, to Monday, April 3, 2017
Time: During libraries hours
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Hamptons + Holyoke Read HHR calendar Recurring Events